For over two decades, Buckner, Shifrin, Etter, Dugan, Bradfute & Kohlman, P.A., has made a commitment to meet the individual needs of each client in a practical and economical fashion, while providing the highest caliber of legal counsel. The firm focuses its practice on civil court litigation in two distinct areas: insurance defense and insurance-related cases; and family and divorce law, including opposite sex and same sex divorce as well as other services listed on the Family/Divorce page. Although the firm litigates cases state-wide, most are in Miami-Dade and Broward counties. In both areas of practice, the attorneys are always prepared to go to court if necessary, yet settlement options are continually explored in every dispute, in order to accommodate each client’s best interests.
- The Firm in 2013-2015 was nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of the “Best Law Firms” in Florida, Tier One.
- Five of the firm’s partners are “AV” preeminent rated – the highest industry peer recognition of ethical standards and professional ability generated from evaluations of lawyers and other members of the Bar and judiciary in the United States and Canada; granted by Martindale Hubbell.
- Four of the firm’s partners were recognized in 2015 as “Top Lawyers in Florida” by Super Lawyers magazine: Robin Buckner, Jeannie Etter, Robert Kohlman, and Deanna Shifrin. Mr. Kohlman was also recognized as one of the “Top 100 Lawyers in Miami”.
- South Florida Legal Guide has recognized Buckner Shifrin as “Best Florida Law Firms” each year since 2001.
- Publications such as Florida’s Best Lawyers, Fortune Magazine, Florida Trend and Miami Magazine have also acclaimed the prominence of the firm and its attorneys throughout its over twenty year history.
- Consistently rated as “Superb” or “Excellent” by AVVO legal on-line guide.
Buckner Shifrin is conveniently located in downtown Miami, blocks from the civil, family, juvenile, and federal courthouses, and within walking distance of Metrorail and Metromover stations.
The firm has received Certification by the State of Florida as a Minority, Women and Florida Veteran Business.
Buckner Shifrin is a multi-lingual practice with attorneys and employees fluent in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Creole.