A Special Message on Covid-19
We at Buckner Shifrin are doing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19. These are stressful and uncertain times, but the attorneys and support personnel here continue to remain available to provide legal services. Everyone is set up to work remotely from their individual residences, and we are all accessible by email, telephone, and video conferencing. Please do not hesitate to contact us to address all of your legal needs. We will be here to assist, advise, and consult – from the appropriate “social distance.”
Wishing you all good health!
About the Firm
For over two decades, Buckner, Shifrin, Etter, Dugan & Bradfute, P.A., has made a commitment to meet the individual needs of each client in a practical and economical fashion, while providing the highest caliber of legal counsel. The firm focuses its practice on civil court litigation in two distinct areas: insurance defense and insurance-related cases; and family and divorce law, including opposite sex and same sex divorce as well as other services listed on the Family/Divorce page. Although the firm litigates cases state-wide, most are in Miami-Dade and Broward counties. In both areas of practice, the attorneys are always prepared to go to court if necessary, yet settlement options are continually explored in every dispute, in order to accommodate each client’s best interests.
- The Firm has been nationally recognized every year, from 2013-2021, by U.S. News and World Report as one of the “Best Law Firms” in Florida, Tier One.
- Firm partners Robin Buckner, Deanna Shifrin, Jeannie Etter, Robert Dugan, and Emily Bradfute are all “AV” preeminent rated – the highest industry peer recognition of ethical standards and professional ability generated from evaluations of lawyers and other members of the Bar and judiciary in the United States and Canada; granted by Martindale Hubbell.
- Firm partners Robin Buckner, Deanna Shifrin, and Jeannie Etter have all been consistently recognized as “Top Lawyers in Florida” by Super Lawyers, including every year from 2011-2021.
- Firm partner Robin Buckner recognized as a “Top Lawyer” by the South Florida Legal Guide in 2021.
- Firm partner Emily Bradfute has been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers every year from 2016-2021.
- Firm partner Luisa Santos has been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers from 2019-2020.
- South Florida Legal Guide has recognized Buckner Shifrin as “Best Florida Law Firms” each year since 2001.
- Publications such as Florida’s Best Lawyers, Fortune Magazine, Florida Trend, and Miami Magazine have also acclaimed the prominence of the firm and its attorneys throughout its over twenty year history.
- Consistently rated as “Superb” or “Excellent” by AVVO legal on-line guide.
Buckner Shifrin is conveniently located in downtown Miami, blocks from the civil, family, children’s, and federal courthouses, and within walking distance of Metrorail and Metromover stations.
The firm has received Certification by the State of Florida as a Minority, Women, and Florida Veteran Business.
Buckner Shifrin is a multi-lingual practice with attorneys and employees fluent in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Creole.