Jessica S. Satinoff
Jessica S. Satinoff
Jessica S. Satinoff handles a variety of complex family law matters including the preparation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, resolution of paternity matters, and litigation of dissolution of marriage actions involving equitable distribution, alimony, child support, parental responsibility, and timesharing.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Satinoff practiced marital and family law exclusively for five years at a boutique Miami law firm. Throughout her career, she has represented professional athletes, artists, attorneys, physicians, financial professionals, entrepreneurs, business executives, and their partners. Ms. Satinoff is devoted to educating and empowering clients to make informed decisions regarding unique and often emotionally charged family law matters. She was drawn to family law at an early age and is passionate about assisting clients in navigating challenging circumstances by providing high caliber legal guidance and empathetic counseling.
During law school, Ms. Satinoff represented indigent clients in family court as a Certified Legal Intern before the Eleventh Judicial Circuit. She also served as the Executive Comments Editor of the FIU Law Review, where she supervised the writing, editing, and publishing of all law review staff members’ comments. She also previously served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Marcia B. Caballero of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit and as a summer associate at a national full-service law firm.
Ms. Satinoff is bilingual, fluent in English and Spanish.
Recognitions and Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, 2023
- CALI Award of Excellence (book award): Legal Skills & Values III, 2015
- CALI Award of Excellence (book award): International Litigation, 2014
- CALI Award of Excellence (book award): Criminal Law, 2014
Education and Bar Admittance
- Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2016
Florida International University College of Law, Miami, Florida
- Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude, 2012
University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- The Florida Bar, 2016
Publications and Presentations
- Proposed Alimony Bill: What Practitioners Need to Know About Potential Alimony Reform in Florida, The First Family Law Inn of Court, CLE Presentation, April 2022
- Coming Out of the Venire: Sexual Orientation Discrimination and the Peremptory Challenge, 11 FIU Law Review 463, Spring 2016)
- Member, Family Law Section, The Florida Bar
- Member, First Family Law American Inn of Court
- Member, Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Member, Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- Attendee, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Institute for Family Law Associates, Chicago, Illinois
- Attendee, Marital and Family Law Review Course, Orlando, Florida
- Past Vice President, Florida International University College of Law Alumni Association Board
- Past Communications Chair, University of Central Florida Alumni Association Board, Miami Club
Pro Bono Activities
- Dade Legal Aid, Put Something Back Program
- University of Central Florida, Legal Studies Department, Legal Mentor