Janella D. Lopez is an associate attorney at Buckner, Shifrin, Etter, Dugan & Bradfute, P.A., where she practices exclusively in the area of family and marital law.
Ms. Lopez graduated cum laude from St. Thomas University College of Law. While completing her legal studies Ms. Lopez served as the Comments Editor of the St. Thomas Law Review, was a judicial intern for a Circuit Court Judge in the Family Division of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit, and worked as a law clerk at a family law firm specializing in representing high net-worth and high-profile clientele in divorce and paternity matters.
Ms. Lopez is bilingual, fluent in English and Spanish.
Recognitions and Awards
CALI Award of Excellence (book awards):
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Arbitration, Mediation, & Negotiation, 2022
- Criminal Procedure, 2021
- Advanced Legal Writing, 2020
- Appellate Advocacy, 2020
- Legal Analysis, Writing & Research, 2020
- Legal Methods & Essay Writing, 2020
Education and Bar Admittance
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, St. Thomas University College of Law, 2022
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, in Political Science and International Relations, Florida International University, 2019
- The Florida Bar, 2022
- Member, Family Law Section, Florida Bar