Emily M. Bradfute
Ms. Emily M. Bradfute is a partner at Buckner, Shifrin, Etter, Dugan & Bradfute, P.A., and a member of the family and divorce law practice group. Ms. Bradfute represents a diverse clientele of same gender and different gender couples in all aspects of family and divorce law, including dissolution of marriage, paternity, child support, child custody, relocation, post judgment modifications, and pre- and post-nuptial agreements. She has been chosen by her colleagues in the community to serve as a family law mediator and arbitrator. Ms. Bradfute has also served as a guardian ad litem for children.
Ms. Bradfute is a member of the Collaborative Family Law Institute. Collaborative law provides families with an alternative to traditional litigation and allows them to retain more control over the resolution of their family law matter. Ms. Bradfute has specialized training in the collaborative process enabling her to effectively guide families to resolution out of court.
In addition to her busy trial practice, Ms. Bradfute also handles family law appeals. She has won appeals in numerous areas of family law before the Third District Court of Appeal, Fourth District Court of Appeal, and the Florida Supreme Court.
Her approach to the practice of family law is one that provides clients with guidance and compassion through a difficult time in their lives.
During her free time, Ms. Bradfute enjoys traveling, photography, and spending time with her husband and children.
Recognitions and Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2010, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021
- The National Advocates, Top 100 Lawyers, 2015
Education and Bar Admittance
- Juris Doctorate, Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia, 2006
- Bachelor of Arts, Mercer University, Macon, Georgia, 2003
- Exchange student, Luleå Tekniska Universitet, Luleå, Sweden, 2002
- Member, The Florida Bar, 2006
- Member, District of Columbia Bar, 2009
- Member, Collaborative Family Law Institute, Inc.
- Member, Family Law Section, The Florida Bar
- Member, Dade County Bar Association
- Member, The American Bar Association
- Member, First Family Law American Inn of Court
- Lecturer, University of Miami Law School