Ms. Robin Buckner is a founding member and managing partner of Buckner, Shifrin, Etter, Dugan, Bradfute & Kohlman, P.A., a firm formed in 1991 as Buckner & Shifrin, P.A. She has more than 35 years of litigation experience, in family and civil courts, and has tried hundreds of cases to both judges and juries. She has also appeared before Florida appellate courts.
Ms. Buckner handles all types of family and divorce matters, including every aspect of dissolution of marriage and post-dissolution cases, as well as paternity and domestic partnership actions. Her cases include “custody” and timesharing issues, assessment of monetary support, intricate business valuations, identification and tracing of marital assets and income, relocation requests, jurisdictional issues, partition of property issues, and domestic violence issues. She also drafts pre and postnuptial agreements, timesharing agreements, parenting plans, property agreements and all other marital and family settlement agreements.
Additionally, Ms. Buckner is now a member of the Collaborative Family Law Institute, after undergoing specialized training to represent parties in a collaborative process, as an alternative to litigation, which process involves non-adversarial collaboration between the parties and specific professionals (financial and psychological consultants) in order to arrive at a negotiated resolution without the emotional and financial toll of protracted litigation. She is currently working on the 11th Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Collaborative Law Pilot Project.
Ms. Buckner has served as a family law mediator, and as a Guardian Ad Litem on behalf of children in divorce, domestic violence, and paternity cases.
Ms. Buckner, who began her career as in-house counsel for a national insurance company, has also represented and defended many insurance companies and affiliates (including underwriters, premium finance companies, insurance brokers and agents) on coverage issues, policy interpretations, first party coverage claims, bad faith actions, and in class actions; and has defended insureds in all types of tort and personal injury cases. She continues to oversee and consult with insurance defense attorneys in her firm and elsewhere on complex insurance-related issues.
- AV Preeminent rated by Martindale Hubbell, the highest peer review ranking, based on her professional experience and ethics.
- Wall Street Journal, Top Attorneys in Florida, 2011-2014.
- Law & Politics Super Lawyer, 2012.
- Top Lawyer in Florida, Super Lawyers, 2009-2017.
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyers in Insurance Law and Family Law, multiple years.
- The National Advocates Top 100 Matrimonial and Family Lawyers, 2015.
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, 95th Anniversary Edition, 2011.
- Juris Doctorate, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, 1979.
- Bachelor of Arts, H. Sophie Newcomb College of Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1976.
- Member, The Florida Bar, 1979.
- Member, Federal District Court, Southern District of Florida.
- Member, Family Law Section, The Florida Bar.
- Member, Trial Lawyers Section, The Florida Bar.
- Member, Dade County Bar Association.
- Member, American Bar Association.
- Member, First Family Law American Inn of Court.
- Member, Collaborative Family Law Institute, Inc.
- Member, Florida Association for Women Lawyers.
- Member, American Arbitration Association.
- Past Chairperson, The Florida Bar Grievance Committee.
- Past Lecturer and Instructor, Lorman Education Services.
- Past Lecturer and Instructor, The Florida Bar.
- Ms. Buckner is a recipient of the Ray H. Pearson Guardian Ad Litem Award, 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida, 1997. She continues to work on pro bono cases through “Put Something Back”, a project of Legal Services of Greater Miami. Member of formation committee of the 11th Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Collaborative Law Pilot Project.