Melissa Soriano is an associate in the civil litigation practice group of Buckner, Shifrin, Etter, Dugan & Bradfute, P.A. Melissa has experience in the areas of commercial litigation and insurance defense. She currently focuses on defending first party property claims. Her experience includes complex legal analysis, preparing pleadings, responding to discovery requests, preparing and arguing a variety of motions, negotiating settlements, taking and defending depositions, taking examinations under oath, and conducting strategic analysis in anticipation of trial.
Education and Bar Admittance:
- LL.M. in Estate Planning, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, 2016
- Juris Doctor, Florida International University College of Law, Miami, Florida, 2005
- Master’s Degree in Exceptional Student Education, Florida International University, Miami, Florida, 2000
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies, Florida International University, Miami, Florida, 1995
- Member, Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- Member, Florida Association for Women Lawyers
Melissa is bilingual; fluent in English and Spanish.