Ms. Santos’ practice focuses on marital and family law matters including divorce, paternity, complex business distribution and valuation, preparation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, international custody disputes, and modification actions. She has been appointed to serve on the Litigation Committee, Rules and Forms Committee and Children’s Issues Committee of the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar. Ms. Santos has extensive litigation experience and has tried over seventy jury and non-jury trials. Prior to joining Buckner, Shifrin, Etter, Dugan & Bradfute, P.A., she worked at the Miami-Dade County Public Defender’s office.
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, Juris Doctorate.
- Center for Ethics and Public Services Fellowship, Guardian ad Litem.
- Externship with Miami-Dade Public Defender’s Office.
- Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Business Administration, summa cum laude.
- Business Honors Program.
- President’s Scholar Award.
- Professor’s Award of Finance.
- Major in Finance and Real Estate.
- Member, Family Law Section, The Florida Bar.
- Member, Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce of Florida.
- Member, Collaborative Family Law Institute, Inc.
- Member, Dade County Bar Association.
- Member, First Family Law American Inn of Court.
- Member, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Ms. Santos is a foster parent and works as a volunteer Guardian ad Litem, helping abused, neglected or otherwise at-risk children. She also volunteers with the Redemption Project – assisting ex-offenders with sealing and expunging criminal records, and with clemency applications to have civil rights restored.
Ms. Santos is bilingual; fluent in English and Portuguese.