Luisa M. Santos, Esq.
Luisa M. Santos, Esq. focuses her practice on marital and family law cases, including divorce, paternity, alimony/spousal support and child support, division of marital assets and liabilities, custody issues as well as drafting pre- and post –nuptial agreements. She has represented high net worth clients and celebrities and is routinely involved in complex family law cases involving international clients, international legal issues and complex business distributions.
Ms. Santos has been chosen to lecture other attorneys and judges on legal issues, client interviews and conflicts of interest. She was named by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Family Law – no more than 2.5% of lawyers under 40 years old receive this honor. She has been appointed to serve on the Litigation Committee and Rules and Forms Committee of the Family Section of the Florida Bar. Ms. Santos also has extensive litigation experience including over 80 jury and non-jury trials, a distinction few family law attorneys possess.
Ms. Santos has specialized training to represent parties in a collaborative process, as an alternative to litigation. This process involves non-adversarial collaboration between the parties and the professionals in order to arrive at a resolution without the emotional and financial toll of litigation.
Ms. Santos graduated at the top of her class, summa cum laude, from Temple University Honors Program where she received numerous recognitions including the President’s Scholar Award and the Professor’s Award in Finance. She received her Juris Doctor from the University of Miami’s School of Law where she was awarded a Center for Ethics and Public Service Fellowship and Externship with the Miami Dade Public Defender’s Office.
Ms. Santos is a foster parent caring for the community’s abused, neglected and abandoned children. She is bilingual, fluent in both English and Portuguese.
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, Juris Doctorate.
- Center for Ethics and Public Services Fellowship, Guardian ad Litem.
- Externship with Miami-Dade Public Defender’s Office.
- Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Business Administration, summa cum laude.
- Business Honors Program.
- President’s Scholar Award.
- Professor’s Award of Finance.
- Major in Finance and Real Estate.
Professional Affiliations and Awards:
- Member, Family Law Section, The Florida Bar.
- Member, Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce of Florida.
- Member, Collaborative Family Law Institute, Inc.
- Member, Dade County Bar Association.
- Member, First Family Law American Inn of Court.
- Member, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Pro Bono Activities:
Ms. Santos is a foster parent and works as a volunteer Guardian ad Litem, helping abused, neglected or otherwise at-risk children. She also volunteers with the Redemption Project – assisting ex-offenders with sealing and expunging criminal records, and with clemency applications to have civil rights restored.
Ms. Santos is bilingual; fluent in English and Portuguese.